You’re invited! Join us at our membership lunch to be held on Thursday, November 16, 2017.
Come for lunch and a FREE* 45 minute presentation featuring:
COLORADO’S BUSINESS OUTLOOK NOW AND IN THE FUTURE
By: Greg Lopez, 2018 Colorado Gubinitorial Candidate
Colorado’s economy is thriving and business is booming! Now What?
Greg Lopez, the former mayor of Parker, is running for governor of Colorado in the 2018 primary. As a longtime member of the Denver Hispanic Chamber of Commerce, a U.S. Air Force veteran, a small business owner and a 30-year resident of Colorado, he has continually found a way to be connected to Colorado’s civic life. Lopez most recently served as Colorado’s State Director for the U.S. Small Business Administration from 2008 to 2014 – acting as the voice and face of small business.
With a focus on small business and pro-business entrepreneurship, Greg will be speaking to the membership on his current observations on Colorado’s business environment, growth, and low un-employment and where he sees Colorado going and how it might affect our members today and in the future – good or bad.
As the former State Director of the U.S. Small Business Administration, observations on construction growth:
- Spotlight on Colorado small businesses, their numbers and contribution to the Colorado economy.
- Making Colorado a destination state for business takes action at the State House, but the advocacy needs to be managed and focused across the state.
- Trades as an emphasis and the importance of following and cultivating skills that are not always higher education-centric.
As a pro-business entrepreneur, observations on the construction and roofing industry in Colorado:
- Population growth and low unemployment rate “enjoyed” by the state currently.
- State workforce issues and managing construction growth nationally. Deficits in the trades.
Public policy and the direct effect on Construction, Roofing, and the CRA:
- The importance of associations like the CRA and staying active and supported by elected officials.
In this 45-minute session, you’ll stay GET INFORMED and leave with a BETTER UNDERSTANDING about the economic reality of the business environment in which we are currently operating!
Reservations are requested.
CRA member companies get TWO FREE lunches at this meeting. There is a $20.00 fee for additional employees (3 or more) from member companies and non-member companies are welcome to attend for $40.00 per person.
Thank you and we hope to see you on September 28th.